NCWA Convention Agenda
2019 NCWA Convention Agenda
2019 NCWA Convention Agenda
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR PLATINUM SPONSORS:
BRADFORD WHITE WATER HEATERS
RHEEM WATER HEATERS
Sunday, June 2
3:00 pm BUNKER TOUR – $35 per person
The secret is out! The declassified Bunker at The Greenbrier is a must-see experience that takes you behind the scenes and walks you through a fascinating period in the resort’s history. Carved deep into the mountainside beneath our West Virginia Wing is an emergency Cold War fallout shelter. Once a top secret U.S. government relocation facility for Congress, The Bunker is now open to anyone interested in reliving a legendary piece of The Greenbrier history. Bunker Tours provide a unique and in-depth look behind the hidden doors and let you explore an aspect of The Greenbrier that no other resort can claim. Reserve your place in our history today!
Tours are approximately 90 minutes in length and are available for guests 10 years of age and older.
5:00 pm Board Meeting –Washington Room
7:00 pm Board and Staff Dinner – TBD
Monday, June 3
7:00 am Registration LANYARD SPONSOR LIBERTY PUMP
7:30 am – 9:00 am NCWA General Breakfast -Filmore/Van Buren Rooms
7:30 am – 9:00 am NCWA Young Executives Breakfast Meeting -Hayes Room We will have time for networking and to hear from Patrick Aquino, National Sales Manager – Wholesale, Oatey Co. and Marc Machnak, Outside Sales, New Century Sales, Inc.
The topic of conversation with the panel will be “Staying Relevant . . . How Young Execs Have Helped Their Companies Remain Relevant.” They will be discussing their views on the following points:
- Panel will discuss what it means to stay relevant in an ever-changing workplace.
- Changes their companies have made to remain relevant.
- The roles they have played to assist in this transition of relevancy at their company.
- Trends/Moves they are seeing in the marketplace that companies are making to remain relevant in today’s economy.
(please confirm your desire to attend prior to the meeting) to include the next generation of executives.
7:30 am – 9:00 am NCWA Suppliers Advisory Council Breakfast Meeting – McKinley Room (by invitation Only) Affiliate and Associate Members only
9:15 am – 10:45 am Speaker -Alan Zimmerman -Eisenhower ABC
Biographical Sketch of Dr. Alan R. Zimmerman, CSP, CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame
- Started selling door-to-door in second grade, everything from greeting cards to operating a small international import business by age 14.
- Worked his way through college and graduate school as a retail salesperson, radio broadcaster, recreation manager, and prison therapist.
- Listed in “Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities.”
- Earned Bachelor’s degree from U of WI in Speech and Political Science.
- Master’s degree from U of MN in Communication and Sociology.
- Doctorate from U of MN in Interpersonal Communication and Psychology.
- Graduated with Summa Cum Laude honors each time.
- Has 15 years of experience as a university professor at the University of Minnesota (Twin Cities and Mankato), Emporia State University, and University of St. Thomas.
- Selected as “Outstanding Faculty Member” by two different universities.
- Founded Zimmerman Communi•Care Network, Inc., a speaking, training, and consulting company. Provides 90+ programs a year across the United States and around the world.
- Spoken to more than a million people, in 48 states and 22 countries, maintaining a
- 92% repeat and referral business.
- Listed in “Outstanding Young Men of America,” “International Directory of Distinguished Leadership,” “Men of Achievement,” and “Five Thousand Personalities of the World.”
- Awarded the CSP (Certified Speaking Professional Designation of Achievement). Of the 4,000 members of the National Speakers Association, only 5% have received this award.
- Given the “Distinguished Faculty Award” by the Institute of Management Studies on two occasions, an award that has been given to fewer than 10 of its 2000 speakers in its 30+ years of business across the world.
- Inducted into the CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame, an honor reserved for only a small handful of people in the last 30 years, including Ronald Reagan, Colin Powell, Ken Blanchard, and Zig Ziglar.
- Publisher of the “Tuesday Tip,” a weekly internet newsletter that focuses on maximizing human performance, increasing leadership effectiveness, and developing communication competence.
- Author of several audio and video programs as well as books and training manuals, that help people and organizations develop skills for peak performance.
- Personal interests include active church participation, refinishing antique furniture, biking, hiking, and international adventures as diverse as tribal treks in Southeast Asia and hunting in the Arctic.
10:45 am– 11:00 am Break – Eisenhower Foyer
11:00 am– 12:30 pm Speaker Continued Speaker -Alan Zimmerman-Eisenhower ABC
12:30 pm– 1:30 pm Lunch –Crystal Room (Installation of officers, Comments by ASA and NCWA President) SPONSORED BY APOLLO VALVES
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Tabletop Business Meetings with Scheduled 12 Minute Meetings– Eisenhower Foyer SPONSORED BY THE KEENEY MFG CO. & WARD MFG.
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Reception– Spring Room SPONSORED BY ANVIL ITL.
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm Banquet and Speaker– Speaker Kim Disandis Cameo Ballroom SPONSORED BY ELKAY MFG. CO. & WATTS WATER TECHNOLOGIES
7:30 pm ———— Networking at the Bar
Tuesday, June 4
7:00 am Continental Breakfast for golfers (Meadows Golf Course) SPONSORED BY NIBCO INC., SIOUX CHIEF MFG. AND JC WHITLAM MFG. CO.
8:00 am Shotgun Start Golf Tournament (Golf Shot gun for the Meadows Course) GOLF CART SPONSORED BY ZOELLER PUMP CO.
1:00 pm Golf Reception, Lunch & Awards (Golf Course)
LUNCH SPONSORED BY OATEY SCS & OMEGAFLEX-TRACPIPE COUNTERSTRIKE
GOLF PRIZES SPONSORED BY INSINKERATOR
LONG DRIVES SPONSORED BY BRASSCRAFT MFG., CHARLOTTE PIPE AND FOUNDRY & HTP
DRIVING RANGE SPONSORED BY INSINKERATOR & MR STREAM
PUTTING GREEN SPONSORED BY MIDLAND INDUSTRIES
GOLF HOLE SPONSORS ARE JAY R SMITH MFG. CO. TYLER PIPE, LOST AND FOUND CORP. & AIMIR